From the Editor: What's New?
Cabin Life Left Header Ad
FOLLOW US >

From the Editor: What's New?

My family recently decided to shake things up. Life was cruising along pretty well when my younger son, Cole, told my wife, Carol, and I that a little something was missing. That little something turned out to be Charlie, a female chocolate Lab puppy. Over the past 25 years, our family has had two great dogs, Rosy and Nana. In the coming years, I’ll let you know in this column how Charlie is working out. So far, she’s showing great promise.
    Your editors at Cabin Life recently decided to shake things up too, starting with the February 2013 issue. No, we didn’t add a puppy to the office, but that’s an interesting idea. We have, however, added a host of new departments to your magazine, some of them in response to your requests, some because they’re fun, and some because they’re just darn good ideas. A handful of the highlights include:
  • Lake/Land Association Spotlight, highlighting the good works of cabin communities across the U.S. (p. 13).
  • History Bits, giving fun facts about cabin-centric inventions, from the outboard motor to the Crock-Pot (p. 9).
  • Now & Then, sharing funny and poignant stories from days gone by as well as from today (p. 22).
  • Tooling Around, giving you tips you can use to maintain your cabin, your landscaping and your favorite toys (p. 54). 
  • Small Cabin Escape, featuring inspiring photos of cozy cabins nestled in nature (p. 66).
We think these departments, like Charlie, show a lot of promise. We hope you enjoy them!
Mark & Charlie

Editor's Picks

All products featured are carefully reviewed and selected by our editors. As an Amazon Associate, we earn a commission from qualifying purchases.

Subscribe Now + Get 2 Free Gifts!